|Job Type:||Full Time|
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Limited is Australia’s largest retailer with more than 3,000 stores across Australia and New Zealand employing more than 195,000 people. Woolworths manages some of Australia's most recognised and trusted brands including Woolworths, Caltex Woolworths, Countdown, Dan Murphy's, BWS, Langtons, Cellarmasters, BIG W and ALH. We endeavour to create a world-class experience for our customers across all of our stores and platforms.
About the Role
Leading a team of 6 systems specialists, you will play a key role in managing, maintaining and continuously improving all current and future systems on site. With a holistic approach to inventory management, you will optimise operational processes that align to and capitalise on system capability. Through a continuous improvement lens, you will proactively seek out improvements to site KPI’s that can be driven through the system capability.
- Manage all outages to minimise impact to the business and report and resolve any system failures (SAP,WMS,Voice Console etc)
- Conduct robust root cause analysis of issues to prevent recurrence
- Identify system improvements and develop evidenced based cases for change
- Ensure that system security, privacy and staff profiles are maintained
- Be a trusted advisor to both DC team members and national support teams and work collaboratively as part of a team to achieve DC objectives
- Maintain the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Manage and maintain Data Integrity between WMS & SAP
- Act as a key contact point for identified system issues, troubleshooting problems and acting to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Work with operational team at all levels to identify improvement opportunities and designing appropriate change plans to test and implement solutions
- Actively promote innovation and continuous improvement within the systems team and wider DC business by challenging current systems and processes
- Support the operations team to resolve any Inventory queries
- Drive continuous improvement for inventory key metrics including but not limited to IRC, Store Audits, Damages, Low code date
- Actively improve product attribute accuracy
- Ensure that BOH discrepancies are resolved and ensure the team updates the Balance on Hand (BOH) and posts the results back to SAP weekly
- Operationally delivers key strategic or national lead inventory initiatives
- Ability to run SQL queries against the system to extract data for daily use in operations to improve inventory KPIs
- Drive best practice processes on site in regards to inventory management
- Excellent leadership capabilities, calm, structured and composed in the face of issues
- Analytical ability to deep dive and fault find through robust statistical and comparative trend analysis
- Understanding of relevant systems and how they relate to warehouse operations
- Project management skills
- Strategic thinking capabilities
- Positive can do attitude that is demonstrate at all times by the individual and team
- Continuous improvement knowledge with lean six sigma training
- Courage, Resilience and Adaptability
- Strive for Performance Excellence
- Problem solving skills including the ability to continually question the AS IS environment/situation and make recommendations to improve or resolve issues
- Results and delivery orientated
If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!
We’re also social! - connect with us through # LI LinkedIn, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.