|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
With over 10,000 employees and volunteers working across more than 300 sites, our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, community services and chaplaincy.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of WHS, Uniting is currently undertaking an organisation-wide review of our safety practice and as such we are looking for those who can partner with the business, implement change and embed best practice.
With a focus on our Northern NSW operations you will primarily be based in Newcastle and be implementing WHS strategies, management systems and effective risk management processes across a variety of locations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the business to continuously improvement safety performance through identifying and implementing practical solutions.
- Contribute to the identification of corrective actions arising from incidents, risk management and compliance assurance activities
- Provide expert guidance to identify and implement effective risk controls and guide the implementation of those controls
- Drive early intervention and reporting of safety hazards and incidents.
Skills and experience:
- Interpret and practically apply WHS legislation, codes of practice and industry standards
- Skilled at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required
- Observe and scan working environments, tasks and behaviours to identify risks or hazards and collaborate on effective solutions to day to day health and safety problems
- Utilise problem solving techniques and various investigation methodologies to assist or facilitate the investigation of incidents, determine root cause(s) and required corrective actions
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Chance to deliver significant organisational change and improve outcomes
- Become a trusted SME advising and adding value to the business
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities
- Work within an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the communities in which they live