|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
Having been awarded the Canstar Blue Award for No.1 in Customer Satisfaction for online groceries, and more recently being voted the most popular Loyalty Program in Australia, we’re proud of the work we do and are being recognised for delivering innovative and best in class service that is convenient, frictionless and personalised to our customers.
With an industry leading technology team, backed by analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
This is an opportunity to join the WooliesX team during an exciting time of growth and innovation. You will help us solve challenges through world-class creative ideas.
Working on new initiates across the entire WooliesX organisation, the Video Production Lead will be responsible for managing, shooting, and editing creative and compelling video content quickly and accurately to drive customer engagement across our digital platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the business and play a key part in setting up the Production offering across the Woolies X Business.
- Participate fully within the Digital Design and Production Chapter, contributing to creating a respected and valued service to deliver highly customer-focused outcomes, and demonstrate a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Provide support for the Head of Digital Design and Production in developing the strategic direction which supports the agreed strategy for Experience Practice
- Produce video, scripts and image content for the group and relevant partners driving engagement across digital platforms
- Create and implement best practice standards for production within WooliesX
- Produce video content for internal communications
- Coordinate multiple campaigns and/or projects at one time, oversee quality control and ensure deadlines and targets are met.
- Use technical knowledge and art direction skills to effectively lead brainstorming sessions, maximising connection and understanding with stakeholders.
- Work in consultation and collaboration with marketing servicing teams to ensure creative solutions developed are of the highest quality.
- Lead and foster an environment collaboration and inspiration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience editing and shooting content with an agency, as a freelancer, or in a high-volume corporate environment
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, DSLR & Cinema Camera Workflow and Operations, Photoshop and Audio Software
- Full understanding of lighting and audio for video shoots
- Experience in shooting HD, 4K+, and variable frame rates with familiarity using many different types of cameras and brands
- The ability to deliver post-production speed and dexterity that does not sacrifice quality
- The ability to be adaptable, work independently and as part of a team to establish project deliverables
- The ability to work across a range of digital mediums, including online, mobile and social media applications
- The willingness to step out of your core skill set or discipline to find the correct solution to a challenge, being solution-focused
- Passionate, positive energy with the ambition and a commitment to deliver amazing results
- A high degree of organizational effectiveness and attention to detail, especially related to cinematic composition, equipment, and file structure
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful and proactive
If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference. We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce which reflects the communities we serve.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!
We’re also social! - connect with us through # LI LinkedIn, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.