|Location:||Australian Capital Territory|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
Certified Support Worker - Aged Care
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Your role will be to assist ageing clients manage their day to day domestic duties, enabling them to live independently in their own home and helping them reach their health and lifestyle goals.
Shifts are available Monday to Sunday, 7AM to 7PM.
It is preferable if you are available for afternoon shifts (finishing at 7pm).
- Provide domestic assistance such as cleaning, cooking and general housework
- Supervise or assist with daily hygiene such as showering, bathing and toileting
- Drive clients to appointments, shopping and social activities
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- First Aid Certificate
- Australian driver’s licence
- Vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Working With Vulnerable People Card
- Medication training
- Availability to work afternoons/evenings (finishing at 7pm)
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Generous salary packaging benefits ($15,900 tax free)
- Paid time and per kilometre travel entitlement
- Uniform and mobile phone
- Training & career progression opportunities
Click the application link if you are interested in this amazing opportunity to make a difference!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks including a police check, reference check and functional assessment.