|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products. We:
- Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
- Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
- Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team, and you will be part of the WW community of Commercial & New Business Controllers to make each other great and build on each other.
A key market for Microsoft, Australia has been committed to supporting the local Australian community for 30 years through the strength of our relationships with governments, non-profits and business partners. To help them to be more productive, more collaborative, to drive deeper relationships with their supporters and deliver more innovative solutions to the communities they serve.
In Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance, we’re driving shareholder value within the subsidiaries and carry the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all Microsoft commercial segments and products. Australia is one of the largest subsidiaries for Microsoft and we have accountabilities in:
- Landing the company vision around the transformation of our business and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Driving strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business and consumption with an industry and workload perspective.
- Building trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way
Empowering and inspiring our people to lead and be part of high performing impactful teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
As the Partner Channel and Small Medium Corporate Segment Controller, you will be partnering with the Operating Channel Partner Executive (OCP) and the Small Medium Corporate (SMC) executives as the “CFO” of their respective businesses. The position will provide insights that help lead the organization towards their short and long term goals.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Revenue Planning & Forecasting
- Responsible for Annual Revenue Budgeting, Quarterly CFO forecast, Outlook
- Provide thought leadership on resource allocation across the OCP & SMC orgs
Insights on Business Performance
- Insights on Partner performance by Segment & Strategic Sales Motion
- Leverage Corp Finance for business insights on
Return on Investment / Steward Custom Deals
- Evaluate and shepherd Strategic / Custom Partner Deals to accelerate growth
- Drive an ROI mindset on SMC Opex - Partner with P&L/Investment Controller
- Consultative role in Local Incentive design
Leadership & Compliance
- Be a Champion a Compliance – Tone at the Top, Anticorruption
- Post Deal Review, consultative role on investment fund exceptions
- Contribute and drive thought leadership across OCP, SMC Finance communities
- SMC Forecast accuracy
- Deep insights on Partner & Segment Performance
- ROI analytics on Partner Investments
- Well crafted custom deals, in partnership with Enterprise Finance Manager
- Proactive Compliance Risk Mitigation / Management
- Trusted advisor and Change Agent in the Area
- Active contributor and thought leader across OCP-SMC Finance community
- 10+ years of experience in financial analysis
- Experience in multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended
- BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics, CPA/CA preferred
- Role is broad in nature so needs to be able to ruthlessly prioritize
- Strong understanding of Channel Strategy
- Effective Communicator - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid executive communication skills with the ability to tell a crisp narrative
- Ability to work in matrix organization, dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- World-class compliance and risk management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.