|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing people, and we are currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer!
The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for implementing and managing cyber security standards across Nearmap. You'll join a talented, highly collaborative Cyber working group working to reduce risk across the business by contributing to the development and execution of the overall Cyber Security strategy focusing on identifying protection goals, objectives and controls consistent with addressing current and emerging trends, threats and opportunities. This includes exemplify cloud security expertise and good practice in secure by design and security tooling across all infrastructure and parts of the business. The Cyber Security Engineer is also responsible for supporting and resolving cyber security incidents and risks. Reporting to the Director, DevOps & IT they will implement and maintain existing security systems, processes as required by the business and the Cyber Security initiative.
You have the luxury of bringing your own personal strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every voice matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Enabling the integration of cloud network, infra and security operations concepts to deliver products, components and patterns.
- Adopting best security practices in line with NIST Cyber security framework (e.g. Surveillance, Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Detection, Event Logging, Application Monitoring and Reporting, Mobile Policies, Firewall Policies).
- Maintaining high quality secure code, identifying common coding flaws, security issues around steady state operation and management of software.
- Reviewing and highlighting risk that may exist in the infrastructure and work with the teams to mitigate the identified risks.
- Supporting escalations and stakeholder communication.
- Ensuring user and business needs are understood by the team to enable delivery of the desired business outcomes.
- Supporting the development of good habits and behaviours in the engineering team to enable better decisions considering security.
- Ensuring consistency of approach/knowledge share on security engineering standards and guardrails.
- Investigating new systems and solutions for Nearmap to consider.
- Working closely with wider Technology and Engineering teams and proactively contribute to improvement of security initiatives.
More about what you need to bring…
- 4+ years of hands on experience in implementing and maintaining security controls across a range of infrastructure including public Cloud environment (AWS and GCP).
- Knowledge and experience in security architecture principles and frameworks including Infrastructure OS Hardening, Host and Application Firewalls, Encryption, Endpoint Control, Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems.
- Knowledge in fully automated Infra-As-Code deployments.
- Experience using contemporary programming languages and paradigms such as Ruby, Python, and UNIX/LINUX shell scripting.
- OS experience across – Linux and Windows.
- Hands on experience using Docker (Kubernetes preferable).
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, processes and tools.
- Forward thinking with a passion for process improvement and standardisation and reuse.
- Experience with Agile application development methodologies.
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, commission plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Well-being program including an allowance to help focus on your well-being
- Volunteer days
- Free reign of Nearmap products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.