|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently commencing the next phase of our production ramp up at Eliwana and require an additional Shotfirer to join the Downer Mining team. Reporting to the Drill and Blast Supervisor, you be involved in the following duties:
- Undertake required activities during charging and firing of shots
- Carry out blasting operations in a safe and professional manner to ensure the achievement of the required blast results
- Complete shot reports, audit stock and report
- Achieve blast results within environmental requirements
- Maintain competencies of an experienced Shotfirer managing magazine stock control and cleanliness
- Coordinate the activities of the blast crew
The role will be FIFO from Perth, operating a 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster.
To be considered for this role, you will possess previous experience in a similar position (4 years+) within an open-cut production mining environment and pride yourself on a commitment to Zero Harm. In addition, you will also need the following:
- Shotfirers ticket
- Dangerous Goods Security Card (DGSC)
- Apply First Aid
- Current Drivers Licence (min. MR);
- National Police Clearance valid within 12 months
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
HOW TO APPLY
To register your interest in this position, please submit an application directly via Seek or our Careers page on the Downer Group website.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.