|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Innovation and sustainability is afoot in New Plymouth. Join our Traffic Management division, and become part of the support for our Traffic Management crews where we work with civil projects, bridges, three waters, vegetation and a multitude of road maintenance activities in both urban and rural environments. Come make your mark as our Traffic Management Planner to join our growing traffic management team based in New Plymouth. You’ll be part of a leading organisation, with excellent career path and development opportunities. We are leading the way with more road closures than ever before and great ambition for innovation in traffic management.
About the role
As our Traffic Management Planner, you’ll be our stakeholder liaison on critical projects to ensure that planned methodologies are communicated to road users and ensure the effective utilisation of Traffic Management resources. Day to day you also be:
- Producing Traffic Management Plans for both internal teams and our clients
- Managing the Service Request system ensuring quality and accuracy
- Understanding our forward workload and aligning traffic management planning to enable our business
- Participating in the production of project/contract methodology, budgets and programmes for maintenance contracts and projects
- Supervising and co-ordinating with multiple teams and organisations across a mutli-discipline business
You will excel at being busy and enjoy daily challenges where no two days are the same. You will need excellent attention to detail and organisational ability. You will also need:
- Experience with traffic management and prior planning background
- To be an STMS Level 1 qualified
- To be TTM Planner qualified
- Self-motivated, driven to deliver excellent results, willing and wanting to continually learn
- Pride yourself on your organisational skills with a strong attention to detail.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 573813.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.