|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Permanent full-time role
- 4,5,5 lifestyle roster
- Residential role – based in Weipa
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an Auto Electrician to join the HEQ team and help us excel at safety by maintaining a reliable heavy mobile equipment fleet. The Fleet currently consists primarily of 776D, 777F 777G haul trucks and rear tippers, 992 and 993 loaders, and D11 dozers. This is a permanent position and the successful applicant will be required to relocate to Weipa on a full-time basis.
This role is a great opportunity for a self-starting and motivated individual who is looking to further develop their maintenance experience within a supportive environment.
In addition to paying competitively and providing a great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Supervisor and working a 4,5,5 roster you will be:
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance on PM scheduled works;
- Utilising the SAP system to ensure that maintenance tasks and progress are continuously recorded;
- Carrying-out fault diagnosis on the HME fleet at the Northern Operations Mines;
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in machinery and work procedures along with general mechanical problem solving and liaising with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM);
- Working effectively within Maintenance to schedule workloads;
- Completing all requirements related to data collection or recording.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- An Automotive Refrigerate Handler's Licence
- A Manual C Class Driver's Licence
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role working on heavy mobile equipment
- Solid diagnostic skills
What we offer
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 4.5 months at full pay or 9 months half pay
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, hunting, camping, and exploring. There are 3 mines in the Rio Tinto portfolio Andoom, East Weipa, and Amrun mines, our bauxite operations continue production from one of the world’s premier bauxite deposits. We strengthen the economy providing exciting opportunities for the people of Cape York and Queensland for future generations.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.