|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a team who will value your contribution and prioritise your development
- Work in an environment that encourages you to challenge and innovate the way work is done
- Lifestyle roster 4,5,5 – residential based in Weipa
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 4.5 months at full pay or 9 months half pay
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
About the role
We are looking for an Auto Electrician to join the HEQ team and help us excel at safety by maintaining a reliable heavy mobile equipment fleet. The Fleet currently consists primarily of 776D, 777F 777G haul trucks and rear tippers, 992 and 993 loaders, and D11 dozers.
This role is a great opportunity for a self-starting and motivated individual who is looking to further develop their maintenance experience within a supportive environment while taking advantage of a variety of residential benefits. Working a 4,5,5 lifestyle roster and reporting to the Supervisor, you will be:
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance on PM scheduled works;
- Utilising the SAP system to ensure that maintenance tasks and progress are continuously recorded;
- Carrying-out fault diagnosis on the HME fleet at the Andoom workshop and in the field;
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in machinery and work procedures along with general mechanical problem solving and liaising with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM);
- Working effectively within Maintenance to schedule workloads;
- Completing all requirements related to data collection or recording.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- An Automotive Refrigerate Handler's Licence
- A Manual C Class Driver's Licence
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role working on heavy mobile equipment
- Solid diagnostic skills
- The ability to work autonomously in a challenging environment
- The ability to work collaboratively with team members
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A Working at Heights and Elevated Work Platform ticket
- Previous SAP experience will be highly regarded
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is subject to Rio Tinto's Pre-Employment Screening Standard and will involve your consent to conduct occupational health assessments and pre-employment checks.