|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Advisor - Media Relations Australia
- Join a fast-paced, globally focused team
- Key role in contributing to the organisation’s reputation
- Based in Perth with regular travel to the Pilbara - Perth CBD
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Advisor - Media Relations Australia to join the Australian Corporate Relations team. The role will be based in Perth but will also require regular travel throughout the Pilbara.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working within a small dynamic team and making direct contributions to the organisation’s reputation. Reporting to the Principal Advisor, Media Relations WA, you will be:
- Supporting the development and deployment of an effective corporate media strategy for Rio Tinto to ensure proactive reputation management, whilst mitigating risk and issues. This includes helping the company build and maintain an appropriate network across mainstream, regional and business media
- Supporting the Corporate Relations function to ensure Rio Tinto maintains our partnership or licence to operate.
- Preparing responses to significant issues, particularly related to the company’s reputation and brand, and respond appropriately to inquiries. This also includes providing advice across the business on media relations, issues management and positioning related issues for Rio Tinto.
- Drafting supporting communications material including media releases, media briefs, speeches, social media posts, tweets.
- Arranging and advising on the editing of video footage and still images for use in digital and social media.
- Establishing and maintaining constructive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, in particular, subject matter experts.
- Working collaboratively across the global function.
- Tracking, internally monitoring and reporting media coverage
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A degree or background in Journalism, Media, Communications or Public Relations
- Demonstrated experience in a communications role including experience working closely with media.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including an ability to build relationships
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and an ability to problem solve
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience working as a journalist or media adviser
Where you will be working
Corporate Relations is a global team providing expertise and advice across all aspects of communication, media relations and stakeholder engagement. The team is responsible for managing a range of channels, publications, announcements, speeches and events.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.