|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be inspired, be bold. Join our talented Finance and Operations group as the Principal, Procurement and be empowered to deliver excellent member outcomes by driving continuous improvement in sourcing, vendor management and vendor governance practices.
Your new team
Our Finance and Operations group is led by empowering managers who advocate for their people. They are open and approachable, provide feedback and guidance to enable you to perform at your best and realise your potential. With a keen focus on continuous improvement the team strives to provide excellent outcomes and tangible results that benefit members.
Your new role
The Principal, Procurement role leads AustralianSuper's global procurement function, including all strategies and activities.
As the Principal, Procurement, you will be responsible for ensuring AustralianSuper chooses the right activities to outsource to third parties, engages with the right vendors on favourable terms, and manages vendors effectively to improve member outcomes. You will work collaboratively with management across the entire organisation to ensure that the procurement strategy is clear, and the principles of cost, quality and delivery are followed.
You will act as a key enabler to drive continuous improvement in sourcing, vendor management and vendor governance practices. Your expertise will be critical to further maturing the procurement function, and embedding proven techniques to meet and exceed cost, quality and delivery outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop effective procurement strategies and cost savings initiatives to drive change in a complex environment.
- Experience in managing large and complex spend across a wide range of categories.
- Demonstrated highly effective people management skills with the ability to build, develop and lead a high performing team.
- Advanced influencing, communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Sound understanding of ethical, commercial business practices in regulated environments.
- Tertiary or similar qualifications in Business, or a related discipline.
What you will get in return
An opportunity to work in a highly collegiate and dynamic environment, with ample opportunity to challenge and maximise your full skillset and knowledge, in a team focused on delivering outstanding results. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first.
Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
If you would like the opportunity to work in this exciting role, please apply now by following the link below, attaching your resume, a cover letter and succinct responses to the questions below.
- Tell us how you have demonstrated developing and leading an effective procurement function including the development of procurement frameworks in a regulated environment.
- Give us some insight into your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver complex, business wide outcomes.
- How, and in what context, have you achieved organisational wide strategic outcomes through the effective continuous improvement practices?
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that shares our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you