|Location:||Geraldton, Perth, Rothsay|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
As part of the Mining team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana, and Gruyere.
We are currently seeking experienced Hydraulic Excavator & Drill Fitters to join the Downer Mining Maintenance team at the Karara Project in Australia's resource rich Pilbara Region. Downer Mining's scope of work with KML consists primarily of drill and blast, load and haul, stockpile rehandle and associated maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Workshop Supervisor, you will play an integral role in implementing the client's project requirements. You will perform safe and effective maintenance outcomes and continuous improvement principles whilst carrying out your daily duties of servicing and maintaining mobile fleet and equipment. Duties include:
- Covering all aspects of Service & Backlogged event repair of the equipment, including Cat RH340 - 6060 RH200 6050 Face Shovels, Komatsu PC4000/PC1250 Excavator, Cat MD6240 SKS Drill and SVK DR580 Drill
- Conduct daily inspections and adjustments
- Conduct fault finding diagnostics
- Execute planned shutdown activities and upgrades
- Australian recognised Mechanical Trade Certificate
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Previous experience in servicing excavators and drills or willingness to learn with a positive attitude to develop new skills
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and servicing large scale earth-moving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well-being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are FIFO from Perth (approximately 50min flight), operating on a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of nights and then days. We promote and encourage a healthy work/life balance which includes keeping your own private en-suited room along with flat screen TV and quality meal services.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career in a permanent position, with an established organisation. if you have the passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer Mining, please apply with your current resume to this application in the first instance or contact Melanie Greenfield in confidence on (08) 6212 9523.