|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to provide your expertise and make a valuable contribution on a significant Defence program
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Facilities Maintenance Coordinator in our team in Wagga, New South Wales.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
The BAE Systems Aviation Technical Training project delivers all aviation trade training and technical manager training to the Australian Defence Force. The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator position will see you join a genuine, united, and engaging team, utilise your expertise and take your career to another level. This fulfilling position will report to the Senior Maintenance Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Coordinate programmed and non-programmed site maintenance activities
- Oversee the maintenance of technical assets, technical documentation, infrastructure, plant and equipment
- Coordinate and oversee contractors to ensure contractual obligations and safety, health and environment requirements are being delivered
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of the site facilities management plan
- Perform regular inspections of facilities to ensure preventative and ongoing maintenance schedules are being performed, condition appraisals are updated and use of all facilities is in accordance with the project
- Coordinate the continuous improvement activities including the management of the system improvement process database
- Coordinate the introduction and integration of technical data, tooling and support equipment required to support training and support activities
- Prepare and review technical documents, risk assessments, publications and instructions
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, industry partners and internal stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive technical maintenance/trades experience coupled with facilities management/coordination experience
- Contractor management experience coupled with strong communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships
- Experience with the management of technical equipment and a good understanding of Safety, Health and Environment (SH&E) practices
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and experience utilising maintenance/facilities software packages
Whilst not essential, experience working in the aviation industry will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist –Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.