|Job Type:||Full Time|
Multiple opportunities available! Newly created roles
Do you enjoy diversity in your role? As part of Optus Group Finance, our Group Credit Risk division has multiple newly created opportunities available for Senior Data Scientists to join our high performing team where you will get exposure across the whole Credit Risk lifecycle, work on interesting projects, and where no two days are ever the same.
Group Credit Risk is responsible for the overall credit management function including Credit Risk acquisitions, Fraud, Collections and Recoveries for Optus and its subsidiaries. Our vision is to drive innovation that increases profitable acquisition across all Optus channels, whilst minimising bad debt and delivering an excellent customer experience with highly engaged people!
Reporting to the AD, Group Credit Risk Decisioning Analytics, your ability to directly affect business results by applying your analytical and technical skills in innovative ways will prove critical to success. These are fantastic roles where you can apply your understanding of business objectives and knowledge of the credit portfolio to identify risks and opportunities and apply your technical expertise to extract, analyse and present the data required to support your recommendations.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- 3+ years’ experience in a related data science role applying complex machine learning algorithms to solve business problems with experience in credit scorecard modelling
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Analytics, or equivalent applied quantitative field
- the ability to execute data processing tasks, including data auditing, preparation, integration, transformation and aggregation using SQL programming and Python/R. Alteryx is an advantage. Proficient in the use of Data-mining software (SAS and R Studio)
- ability to think of different use-cases that can be solved by data analytics (Consulting), and the ability to understand the difficulties and challenges of dealing with spatial data
- ability to evaluate different analytical approaches that can be applied to solve a problem, select the most suitable one and justify the selection
- the ability to apply machine learning algorithms and techniques for developing sophisticated predictive and segmentation models to solve complex business problems and to present complex business problems into clear business recommendations
- prior experience within a Collections, Credit, or Fraud environment with excellent analytical and communication skills
Optus is a place where we let you do you. We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- Work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- Mobile & Internet discounts, Novated Car Leasing, and other Financial benefits
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Social events, social clubs and sports teams!
- Regular visits by our various partners, such as mobile dentists, food trucks, charities, independent retailers and fruit vendors!
These are opportunities not to be missed! To express interest, please include a covering letter and apply online today.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.