|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
What will your typical day look like?
As part of the team, you'll be responsible for shaping, executing and leading penetration testing engagements to identify security weaknesses within client's IT environments, reporting on vulnerabilities and making recommendations for their remediation. You will be a key part of the team and looked to as a subject matter expert to help support and mentor other team members.
In this role you will respond to client requests, anticipating and meeting client problems and needs using innovative approaches when applicable. You will be involved in all aspects of security and vulnerability management engagements which include but are not limited to:
- Network and host layer vulnerability assessments
- Firewall, networking and security device reviews
- Web application assessments
- API assessments
- Social Engineering through targeting the physical security of the infrastructure or buildings.
Source code reviews using manual and automated tools, including:
- Native application assessments
- Mobile Application assessments
- Malware reverse engineering
- Closing meetings to present findings to the client
- Detailed reporting and proposal writing
About the team
Positioned first globally in Security Consulting Services for the 6th year in a row? Yep, that's Deloitte. The cyberspace is constantly evolving and so are the threats that it brings. That's why our work is more meaningful (and exciting!) than ever. Always one step ahead, we predict risks and safeguard our clients through end-to-end solutions. More importantly, we help clients unlock new opportunities through safer and more secure systems and policies.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
We are currently looking for a Senior Penetration Tester with the below experience and qualification:
- Hold a current CREST Certified Tester (CCT) in either Infrastructure or Web Applications or similar certification or be in a position and level to pass the exam for the certification
- Experience in Red Team engagements. With a capability in line with CREST UK's Certified Simulated Attack Specialist certification and CBEST assessments
- Experience of working with applications that perform a wide range of business functions - ideally across multiple industries
- Ability to understand and assess applications from both a technical and business function perspective
- Good experience in performing web application penetration testing and development of supporting business and technical level reporting
- Innovative and analytical in your approach to performing penetration testing, particularly of novel devices and environments
- Capable of working to strict deadlines and prioritising work appropriately
- The ability to develop scripts or code to automate testing and develop bespoke attacks
- Good communication skills with an ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical business clients
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to write reports and proposals. Including the ability to discuss findings in a risk perspective with clear remediation advice specific to the client's environment.
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Reverse engineering
- Web Applications
- API's and Microservices
- Exploit Development
- Application vulnerability assessment
- Mainframe systems
- Mobile platforms (iOS/Android/Windows/etc)
- Social Engineering
- Endpoint protection
- Practical exposure to security appliances such as firewalls, proxies, NIPS/HIPS and network security applications
- Working knowledge of web concepts such as Ajax, XML, SOAP, WS-Security
- Familiarity with Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM), Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications.
- Familiarity with penetration testing and vulnerability tools such as backtrack, dsniff nessus, nmap, MetaSploit, CoreImpact, nCircle, Qualys, tcpdump, wireshark, Nikto, netstumbler, Hailstorm, WebInspect etc.
- Strong programming experience with Visual Basic and C/C++ or Java languages
- Networking: LAN, WAN, interworking technologies
- Good understanding of IaaS environments like Azure, AWS and GCP
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you have any questions or wish to have a private conversation about this role, contact Katya Nemirovich from the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.