|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Test Specialist/Analyst is responsible for designing and developing test requirements and test cases as well as the execution of the tests together with identifying and resolving software defects prior to software implementation.
Education and Experience:
- You will be degree qualified, have 5 years of experience in a Testing Role
- Demonstrated experience in executing test scripts and designing/writing test scripts
- Demonstrated ability to test functionality for custom services applications can work with client test tools (i.e. SOAP UI, Rational Test products, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in testing with a technical background of a system that complies with a published technical standard/specification
- Experience working in enterprise Agile projects.
- Be an Australian citizen
- Hold at least a NV1 AGSVA security clearance
- Experience with Web-services testing (SOAP/ JSON/REST)
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of test software such as CA Devtest/LISA , Rational Service Tester, SOAP UI, HP Quality Centre/ALM, etc.
- Understanding of LINUX
Beneficial Requirements: (One or many)
- Experience in API testing
- Experience in Automation testing
- Experience in Performance testing
- Experience in Infrastructure testing.
- Reviewing technical documentation
- Writing manual Test Cases (TCs)
- Developing testing scripts (including automated scripts) and scenarios based on the testing plan and follow standard procedures and templates to ensure product testing is comprehensive
- Execution of test cases
- Checking and documenting results to ensure the system’s technical and functional requirements are met
- Ensuring all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use
- Defect triage if required.
- Contributing to testing of any actions taken to rectify users’ problems to ensure user and system requirements are met and that changes integrate with the production system
- Contributing to the provision of documentation and advice regarding applications to enable support functions to work pro-actively
- Maintaining documentation for regression testing- Producing RTVMs when required.
To be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and leaders - people who want to make an impact, share their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
If you tick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.