- Work with a high performing team
- Permanent opportunity – $121,176 + Super
- Based in our Leederville office
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, used water and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians. Fresh faces wanted.
About the role
We have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Senior Planner - Integrated Water Cycle to support the effective and efficient delivery of products for the asset investment planning function. This team identifies the long term water and wastewater infrastructure required to meet future challenges and balance the technical, financial, social and environmental aspects. The role will be based in Leederville and will report to the Manager - Integrated Water Cycle Planning.
What the role will offer
- Support the development and evaluation of water source or wastewater scheme options to achieve required business outcomes
- Support an integrated planning approach across water and wastewater schemes including alternative water sources, water use efficiency and water recycling
- Undertake analysis for the assessment of current and future infrastructure performance and needs to enable optimal decisions around timing and scope of investment, management of risk and customer service levels
- Support the development of investment programs, business cases and projects with deliverables that mitigate risk and meet the investment objectives of the relevant asset portfolio
- Contribute to the development of asset monitoring and investigation programs that provide the required information for robust asset investment decisions
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders on options for scheme improvements
Key skills and experience
To be successful in the role you will be degree qualified in an engineering discipline or similar, along with relevant experience in the planning, design, and acquisition or operational delivery of asset investment programs. Experience in planning, water or wastewater infrastructure will be highly desirable.
If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role. Applications close Sunday 25th October 2020.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Management Plan and People Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website