|Job Type:||Full Time|
Superintendent Community Engagement
- Supportive team culture with a focus on inclusion, safety and work life balance
- Attractive 9-day fortnight roster on offer (residential Dampier/Karratha)
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an engaging people leader to join our Communities and Engagement team. In this exciting role of Superintendent Community Engagement, you will develop and maintain positive community relationships, support stakeholder priorities and lead engagement activities in the community.
The Community Engagement function supports the development, implementation and maintenance of relationships between Rio Tinto and key local stakeholders, including local and state government, privately owned pastoral stations, community partners and community groups.
A passion for leading and developing teams, coupled with your demonstrated ability to engage, connect and positively influence key stakeholders at all organizational levels; will enable you to effectively lead the implementation of social performance strategies, plans and programs which support the company’s social and legal licence to operate and the ability to meet business objectives.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification within a relevant field such as community development, sociology, anthropology
- Extensive experience in community engagement or community relations including experience in government relations, community development and local communications
- Leadership experience and confidence in effectively leading, mentoring and coaching team members
- Sound knowledge of the resource sector in terms of sustainable development principles and practices
- Experience in project management
Where you will be living
Residing in the Karratha township, you will just love that sea change and everything our beautiful WA coastline has to offer.
To find out more, check out the following link: https://karratha.wa.gov.au/map-listing/wickham
Come join the team and enjoy some great benefits we have to offer:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Get ahead financially and enjoy housing subsidy benefits
- Remote Area Holiday Travel Assistance (residential roles only)
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Ready to experience something unique? Come work with us.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 26th October 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)