|Job Type:||Full Time|
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader Operations you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Wast Water Transfer Technician you’ll be responsible for Safely, reliably and efficiently operate Melbourne’s Waste Water Transfer System, while also enabling maintenance and capital improvements.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Monitor, control and optimise system flows to comply with regulatory, commercial and risk management drivers or other imposed limits (e.g. by treatment plant capacity, maintenance, balancing of flows in extreme wet weather).
- Managing and carrying out the isolation and return to service of all plant in the transfer system for maintenance, requiring the safe operation of HV assets.
- Compliance with OH&S regulations in all areas whilst operating plant and equipment, including Permit To Work System.
- Acting as the initial incident manager when an incident is declared.
- Fault finding analysis of mechanical and electrical plant and equipment
- Reviewing system performance and procedures to ensure assets are maintained efficiently and meet expected levels of service
- Taking care of own and colleagues Health and Safety through identification and reporting of hazards and active involvement in improvement initiatives.
- Working collaboratively with maintenance partners to efficiently and safely deliver maintenance activities, including undertaken site surveillance activities.
This position has an on-call roster where you will be required to work one weekend in every four on an on call basis with 24/7 availability. An on-call allowance is paid to compensate for this.
An appropriate trade background with mechanical/electrical aptitude and /or Water Industry Operators Certificate.
This position is eligible for an operational vehicle in line with MW Motor Vehicle policy and procedures, therefore a Victorian Drivers License is mandatory for this position.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position_Description_-_Sewerage_Transfer_Operator.pdf
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 1 November 2020 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment is required for this position.