|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Be part of a once-in-a-generation $55.6b infrastructure investment
- Opportunity to make a real impact, shaping the future of NSW
- Progressive organisation that supports flexible working and career development
- Fixed term, full time opportunity (up to January 2023), located in Narribri
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
Right now, big things are happening in the regional road infrastructure space to better serve the people of NSW. With unprecedented investments into our regional portfolio and a renewed commitment to delivering public value, this an exciting time to join us in the Regional and Outer Metropolitan team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project/Contact Manager to join the District Works (North West DIstrict) team in Regional Maintenance – West Region. As a Project Contract Manager you will be responsible for the development, management and implementation of road infrastructure and maintenance projects in order to achieve Transport for NSW and Government road safety, asset management and network efficiency objectives.
This is a newly created limited duration position (up to January 2023) where you will be primarily responsible for the development of projects. This may include arranging environmental assessments, detailed survey and geotechnical investigations, arrange and facilitating safety, design and constructibility workshops and ensuring engagement of internal and external stakeholder groups including rural communities. In addition you will also support the teamon upcoming technical projects in the delivery phase.
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
What you will be involved in:
- Provide efficient and effective project and contract management services by ensuring that the road infrastructure and maintenance projects are developed and delivered to specified, time, cost, quality and scope requirements and to meet Government and Transport for NSW objectives.
- Lead project teams to drive and deliver project objectives and targets by modelling high performance behaviours including teamwork, initiative and flexibility, and developing less experienced team members through mentoring and coaching.
- Manage the development, tendering, awarding and administration of professional service, construction and maintenance contracts by controlling the scope, managing contract risks and issues, and by fulfilling the role of RMS Representative.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with our customers, colleagues, stakeholders and partners to understand and manage risk and influence sustainable outcomes on projects by the development and implementation of effective stakeholder and community involvement plans.
- Deliver a high level WHS (workplace health and safety), and environmental management on projects and contracts.
You have a four year engineering degree from an Australian University or equivalent overseas qualifications. You have experience as a Civil Engineer in the delivery and development of road and pavement related construction projects. You also bring experience in the development and delivery of road related projects and the ability to implement community and stakeholder involvement strategies. You have the ability to influence stakeholders and internal departments, bringing exceptional communication and time management skills.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
- A four year engineering degree from an Australian University or equivalent overseas qualifications.
- Broad experience in either project development and/or implementation of road, bridge and/or traffic infrastructure construction or maintenance projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of Quality Assurance systems and WHS (workplace health and safety), risk and environmental management strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and management of road related projects and in the implementation of community/stakeholder involvement strategies.
- Extensive experience in the preparation of tender documentation, tendering procedures and/or overseeing professional service and asset maintenance and/or construction contractors.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is RMS Engineer Level 3 ($128,012– $ 139,896) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
At Transport our people have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements (subject to the needs of the business), professional development opportunities, health and wellbeing programs, and a program that helps you stay connected with work before, during and after parental leave. If you are looking for an environment in which you can contribute to creating a legacy of achievement that will last for generations, then we’d like to meet you.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and respond to the pre-screening questions.
For any enquiries, please contact Suzie Pose on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference 5614.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
Applications close: 11:59pm on Thursday, 28 October 2020.