|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a qualified and skilled Project Scheduler competent in the use of MS Project, MS Sharepoint, MS Excel and other defence planning products. Downer will utilise existing commonwealth owned IP, developed for the purpose of planning and managing directorate activities and resources, as the basis for the delivering the current service and producing a tool to address planning and scheduling needs of DLC4. In addition, Downer will also develop and implement supporting processes that can be managed and maintained by the directorate and its staff that facilitate and deliver scheduling and planning outcomes.
Working and reporting to the Dep. Director LC4, the Scheduler will develop high level functional requirements for the scheduling and planning capability by engaging with staff and management of DLC4 by appropriate means. Using the MS suite of products and existing Commonwealth IP and products as a basis for development, the Scheduler will devise a scheduling and planning solution that meets agreed DLC4 needs and requirements.
The Scheduler will engage with the LC4 organisation, to develop needs and requirements, through workshops, demonstrations, iteration sessions and other means as appropriate to identify needs and requirements for developing the scheduling tool and processes.
Desirable Qualification/ Skills/ Experience
- Experience in using MS Project Server and other MS products; SharePoint, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience in project scheduling role.
- An experienced Project Scheduler who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Proven ability in successfully managing priorities and delivering results within time constraints.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.