|Job Type:||Full Time|
ENGAGEMENT & EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Looking to make a difference in the community?
We’re seeking a dynamic and experienced engagement professional to take up a senior position in our high-energy Communications & Engagement team.
In this exciting role you will lead a small team to provide a strategic and proactive community engagement service for Wannon Water, and deliver the education, community grants and sponsorship programs.
This position will build the capacity of Wannon Water employees to provide best practice community engagement and partnerships across south-west Victoria, and play a key role in the delivery of Wannon Water’s Community Strategy.
The successful applicant will be qualified in communications, community engagement or development, social planning or a related field and will be a highly supportive and collaborative team player.
This position is located in Warrnambool and has a salary range of $89,214 to $99,519 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation.
- Expertise in planning, implementing and managing multiple community engagement and partnership projects on a strategic and practical level (i.e. project management skills)
- Experience and training in the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) or other recognised community and/or stakeholder engagement programs
- Ability to manage, prioritise and balance conflicting work priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise, train and develop skill levels of other employees
- Commitment to the principles of best practice community engagement
Wannon Water is Victoria’s second largest regional urban water corporation by area, serving a total population of 100,000-plus.
We embrace all forms of diversity and promote family-friendly working hours, flexibility and leave arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
Our region’s highlights include the diverse landscapes of the spectacular Great Ocean Road with its fantastic beaches and surf, the majestic Grampians, and the world heritage-listed Budj Bim Cultural Landscape.
You’ll enjoy a relaxed lifestyle and clean air in the friendly regional centres, historic villages and rural escapes. Affordable housing, a great food culture, and quality educational, healthcare, recreational and cultural facilities are just some of the reasons to join us here.
Download a copy of the Engagement & Education career package and position description here.
If you have any enquiries, please contact Mr Garrath Darkin (Branch Manager Communications & Engagement) on 1300 926 666.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Sunday 1 November 2020