|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working across various sectors including Transport, Energy, Buildings, Water and Advisory.
Due to strong growth, Mott MacDonald's leading Rail Transport team is looking for new team members. You will be joining a diverse team of consultants who are passionate about what they do, with a proven track record guiding our clients, and leading delivery of our State and Country's most critical projects.
We are seeking a highly experienced Stations Design Manager to join our NSW team in Sydney for a range of key rail projects such as Sydney Metro EDS, SDMS and More Trains More Services, working alongside our key clients.
As a Design Manager you will need to understand how to lead a multidisciplinary engineering design team while administering complex contractual requirements within client stakeholders and critical partners. You will need to be able to communicate effectively while being able manage projects of various levels and complexity.
This role will see you:
Providing sound and effective leadership on major rail projects by providing direction and technical advice
* Coordinating delivery of integrated engineering design packages
* Identifying and working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders
* Identifying system and subsystem interfaces
* Development & management of project scope through requirements management activities
* Delivery of packages following management of change and engineering change processes
* Ensuring adequate provision, deployment and management of technical resources
* Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes
* Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and stakeholders, and ensuring that client delivery is above expectation
* Ensuring that effective financial and project management controls are in place
What you will bring to the team:
You will be a Design Manager with significant experience in Rail Stations design. We are especially interested in candidates who are accustomed to working with a range of high-level rail related stakeholders and managing the technical design inputs across several key disciplines across a programme.
With tertiary qualifications relevant to Engineering, Architecture, Planning or Project Management, you will have proven skills and knowledge with civil engineering within the rail environment and appreciation of multi-disciplinary requirements of rail projects in feasibility, preliminary and detailed design. You will have a background in major project delivery, design and excellent communications skills, being able to bring a mature and relevant network connections in the local market.
Your experience in leading teams coupled with proven consulting design management skills, including the use of relevant design software and able to work in design modelling and BIM environments will assist you in succeeding. You will have experience in external and internal stakeholder management, to help you influence the outcome of key decisions.
In return, we offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.