|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Here in Queenstown we are looking for a Foreperson to join our crew as we work on our maintenance contract in the region! This is an exciting opportunity for you if you are looking for a change in career and are looking to take the next step.
What we offer:
- Very competitive pay rate, tools of trade vehicle and other benefits
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression for those who work hard and demonstrate willingness to learn
- Modern machinery, with more new gear on its way
- A fun, welcoming team working in a positive atmosphere
About the role:
You’ll be leading your crew doing construction and maintenance works on including pavements, drainage, guard rail repairs, footpath renewals, surfacing and winter maintenance works. This role comes with a variety of projects, so no two days will be the same. Reporting to your Supervisor, you’ll be setting up sites and running the team from planning to delivery with a focus on safety and quality. You will be operating machinery and light plant, completing safety, temporary traffic management (TTM), quality assurance (QA), timesheet information, mentoring and guiding your crew, measuring work for claiming, ordering materials, and generally staying one step ahead of where the job is at. This ‘hands on’ role will require you to provide leadership by planning, providing direction and controlling activities whilst working alongside the team in the field.
Along with your civil experience as a Foreperson or Leading Hand there are a few essentials to what we are looking for, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you:
- You’ll hold a class 4 full New Zealand Drivers licence with WTR endorsements is essential
- Proven experience operating a range of civil machinery
- Traffic Management qualifications are beneficial
- High standard of workmanship with a commitment to safe workplace practises
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to build rapport with stakeholders and easily chat with your crew
If you have experience in leading a team then we want to hear from you!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573401 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.