|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transurban has a multibillion-dollar project pipeline, coupled with 20 roads that we currently maintain and operate across Australia and North America. With such vast operations, ensuring we are doing the right thing through effective internal governance and assurance practices is important to us. Sitting within our core Finance function and reporting to our Head of Internal Audit, the Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for administering internal audit activities through the delivery of all aspects of the internal audit lifecycle. You will also review and assure the maintenance of an effective internal control environment within the organisation.
Our Corporate teams are the backbone of our business. By thinking smarter, sharing better and adapting ahead of the curve, our people here make a meaningful impact - for our customers and our teams. Together, they push further. They define change. And in doing so, they grow their diverse talents while building something to be proud of.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll ensure successful coordination of all internal audit projects and compliance activities
- You will have an effective engagement style with various internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships
- You'll steer the delivery of audit engagements including the scoping, development of test plans, fieldwork and drafting of reports detailing results and observations
- You'll drive continuous improvement and champion a transparent audit culture throughout the organization
- You'll assist in the preparation of reports and audit committee papers and be involved in the development of the internal audit plan
- You will work collaboratively with our Risk Management team and you'll prepare and execute risk/control assessments for each internal audit
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll bring solid experience and a thorough understanding of a range of strategic, financial and operational process risks and controls, gained via Internal Audit, Risk or IT Auditor capacity
- A natural builder of relationships, you'll enjoy getting on the front foot, embedding yourself in the business and collating information from a variety of sources
- You will be a confident communicator, interacting with various stakeholder groups, including General Managers and the Executive Committee
- You'll possess high levels of attention to detail, with the accuracy of the information you review, compile and distribute being imperative
- With a curious nature you will leverage data and analytics to enable deep analysis of issues
- You'll be driven by deadlines and by your desire to constantly improve: you'll never settle for less than exceptional
- Completed relevant qualifications in such as CA/CPA/CIA will be viewed favourably
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!