About the Role
This newly created role will support 2 General Managers within the GLC Leadership team. Proactively manage the General Managers’ diary; establish an understanding of the manager's needs, movements and agendas and source pre-material for events/meetings to ensure their time is structured according to their priorities. Expectations of the role will include:
- Act as the first point of contact for queries, prioritising and managing requests and ensuring smooth and efficient day-to-day operations within the business unit.
- Pro-actively review the GM's email and resolve or escalate where needed.
- Monthly reconciliation of the GMs FlexiPurchase transactions.
- Onboarding / off-boarding for direct reports to the GM and provide support to the broader leadership team as required i.e. of employees including creating roles in SAP, SAP movements, ordering provisioning (laptops, log-ins, security passes etc);
- Maintain team Org Charts, distribution lists updated, Monthly Workplace Portal, People Hub support, FTE spreadsheet and support GMs with recruitment request across their business unit ect.
- Assist in the management and budgetary control of the general manager's cost centre, including People onboarding, offboard and moves, expense management, procurement and accommodation planning, etc.
- Proactively manage risk, meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to the role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
Key skills and experiences required will include;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and the capacity to quickly learn in-house systems.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity, engage broadly and communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to translate broken information with minimal guidance into meaningful insights (packs, briefing papers).
- A pragmatic approach with the ability to manage many conflicting and unforeseen priorities through delegation and leveraging of your strong network (when appropriate) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong resilience, problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and authentic demeanour.
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients - and for the community too.
If you're ready for the next step, apply today !
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.