|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We have an exciting opportunity within our crew in here in Wellington as a Multi Skilled Operator. If you are looking for a role where you can make a difference then we want to hear from you!
About the role:
As an Operator you will be tasked with manual labouring duties and the operating of machinery from diggers, trucks, rollers, excavators, graders and so much more within the crew while undertaking maintenance work in public spaces.
You will also:
- Help with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Ensure efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Work as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Be open and willing to develop your skill set and advance your career
If you enjoy spending your day outdoors and on your feet, this could be the role for you!
So what do we offer?
- Stable working environment
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe working environment including personal protective equipment being provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career – this is just the start!
Along with your positive attitude and your commitment to safe workplace practices there are a few essentials to what we are looking for:
- You will hold a minimum Class 2 – Full New Zealand Drivers Licence with WTR endorsements
- Previous experience in Traffic Management preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with Asphalt
- Proven experience operating a variety of civil machinery such as rollers, diggers and excavators
- The flexibility to travel away from home for overnight stays when needed
- Work well in a team environment, but can work well alone when required
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 572110 apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.