|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced finance professional with previous banking experience
About the Role
The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the implementation and effectiveness of the management of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) obligations and analytics across the BOQ Group.
This role is responsible for supporting systems and data analytics requirements relating to Financial Crimes, AML/CTF and Sanctions systems and controls across the BOQ Group; working with stakeholders across the Group Business areas and Functions. It will involve developing and improving data and analytics to help manage the AML requirements of the group. With a dotted line to the Customer and Portfolio Analytics teams this roles secondary focus is to use data driven Insights to improve how the bank makes decisions and creates value.
Key Responsibilities include:
- This role will methodically analyse customer data, including the joining of customer data sets and application of filters and business rules to inform and facilitate the retail AML processes to continue to fulfil our compliance obligations.
- Responsible for the analysis of customer data to identify potential AML exceptions for resolution
- Responsible for operational reporting related to the fulfilment of our AML regulatory and compliance obligations
- Collaborate with the customer portfolio analytics team to augment AML data requirements, provide informed recommendations and other customer insights as required
- Work as a Group function collaborating across teams, divisions and business lines to facilitate appropriate outcomes
- Have an agile mindset and continuously test and learn ways to improve work
- Support with all activities related to the fulfilment of the AML obligations for the retail bank
- At least 3 years’ experience in customer, product, marketing, financial analytics, Fraud, AML/CTF, Sanctions or Data Analysis
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting & Finance (or similar) are essential
- Experience in preparing presentations and papers for management and key executive committees
- Excellent visualisation skills with experience in building and implementing data visualisation using PowerBI
- Experience with SAS, SQL, EG, MS Access, MS Excel, VBA (extraction and transformation)
- Comfortable dealing with complex and large volumes of data
- Experience with running small / intermediate projects
- Excellent stakeholder management and collaboration
- Excellent creative and problem solving skills
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.