|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in government, regulatory agency, politics, or corporate or public interest agency.
- Experience working within government, think tanks, public interest groups or the field of corporate public policy.
- Experience working in high-stress environments and the ability to exercise judgment even in crisis.
- Broad policy experience, with knowledge of the tech sector or the key issues impacting the web.
About the jobAs a member of Google's Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
Technology moves quickly, so it's important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
- Build and maintain relationships across the Parliament, with government agencies, a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online environment.
- Develop and lead public policy plans across a broad range of policy areas that impact Google and the web (i.e. market regulation, technology innovation economic transformation and intellectual property).