|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. With established relationships and world leading insight, we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain Assets, Infrastructure and Facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Blasting Services (DBS) provides a full range of explosives products and services to the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. As a significant supplier, DBS can provide Total Blasting Solutions to customers. Our five manufacturing plants supply customers across multiple commodities throughout the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. DBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Downer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently searching for an experienced Office Administrator to join the western division of Downer Blasting Service. Reporting to the Operations Manager, and with the support of the Operations Coordinator, you will be primarily responsible for providing efficient administrative support to the Open Cut and Underground team. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Onboarding and mobilising new and existing staff and contractors to various sites/projects;
- Arranging regular/rostered travel and accommodation for operational and non-operations staff (ad-hoc);
- Maintenance of personnel files, training records including certificates and licenses;
- Creating training packs as required (including SWP’s, training and assessment booklets);
- Processing training administration in training software (Tandem) and distributing monthly training records to operational sites;
- Coordinating the purchasing process including sourcing quotes, raising purchase requisitions and receipting of orders for stock and non-stock items and services;
- Coordinating logistics for freight / deliveries and dispatching goods to site as required;
- Collaborate with the east coast office to ensure PPE ordered and parcel logistics required by sites are tracked and delivered on time;
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with End of Month accounts and preparing monthly invoices for all DBS sites;
- Meet all month-end, ordering and scheduling deadlines;
- Interaction and liaison with Accounts to investigate and resolve discrepancies between DBS invoices and purchase orders;
- Completion of maintenance data administration tasks (via AMT) and HSE administration tasks (via INX); and
- Administration of Employee Reimbursement Requests via the Concur system;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Experience with data entry.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels and manage relationships with external suppliers & clients.
- Professional image and ability to produce quality written communication.
- Previous experience with the mining and resources sector will be advantageous
- Knowledge of J D Edwards (JDE) and AMT (desirable)
- Able to provide a National Police Clearance (Less than 3months old)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Our Zero Harm attitude to Safety and the Environment
- Career development opportunities
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPLICATIONS