|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. Our primary focus is our people and we know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focussed than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
Reporting to the IS Infrastructure & Cyber Security Manager, the IS Network Infrastructure Specialist is accountable for the secure design, implementation and ongoing management of the WesTrac IS Infrastructure Network Platforms. The successful candidate will provide technical expertise and recommendations regarding new infrastructure technologies to ensure business networking operations are managed. The role is also responsible for liaising and engaging with internal stakeholders to evaluate and design solutions suitable for the business ensuring cost-effective and optimal use of resources without impacting network integrity.
The role works closely with IS staff and WesTrac business units championing relevant WesTrac IS objectives for projects and operational management. Key to success in this role is strong technical network skillsets, cross team collaboration and effective communication.
Supported systems include, but are not limited to, CISCO products and systems covering LAN, WAN, WLAN, Branch and Remote Access Networking, Data Centre highly available networking, Azure Networking, Wireless network design and security (inc Radius Authentication, Guest Systems), Authentication and Identity Systems, Load Balanced Environments, Network Monitoring Systems and Scripting and Automation.
Our successful candidate will be a key technology leader who will architect and improve the overall WesTrac IS Infrastructure, both Cloud and on Premise which aligns to and supports the overall business strategy and will have the below:
- 10 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure network delivery.
- Ability to work effectively within an environment of competing priorities with strict deadlines and the capacity to share knowledge within the team.
- Analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills to enable effective resolution of issues within the workplace and/or disputes.
- Knowledge and experience in CISCO enterprise networking and security.
- Effective vendor management skills with the experience in selecting, evaluating and negotiating technical specifications.
- Attention to detail with the ability to translate stakeholder requirements into deliverable actions through business engagement and customer management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within the Infrastructure team, to ensure IT requirements are aligned ensuring that appropriate capability is deployed.
- Tertiary Degree in IT and/or relevant industry certifications desirable
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Income protection Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Partner Discount network
- Further education assistance
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline memberships, motor vehicle etc.
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.