|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Work as part of a high performing team - who are close-knit and supportive
- Intellectually stimulating and rewarding work!
- An appropriate remuneration package will be offered
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policies outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
As the Media and Communications Advisor – Internal & External Communications you will be responsible for driving TransGrid’s social media strategy and supporting the media and communications function within the Corporate Affairs group. You will report to the Media and Communications Manager and be responsible for supporting the creation of high quality internal communications, social media content, media releases, media relations support, writing, including speech writing, editing and publishing media stories and communications work required to support the business’ capital projects.
This role will adopt and maintain very high editorial and production standard outputs and work collaboratively with other members of the Corporate Affairs group to ensure alignment with overall corporate standards and objectives.
The role of Media and Communications Advisor – Internal & External Communications includes but is not limited to:
- Driving the development and publication of media and communication stories, for timely and effective delivery on all channels, including social media.
- Managing the planning and response to all requests for internal communications as well as planned communications by Corporate Affairs, to ensure consistency of messaging and coordination between internal communications channels
- Proactively supporting the management of regular, robust media reporting (inclusive of social media) for provision to internal stakeholders, including the Board
- Supporting the management of media enquiries and development of responses and subsequent approvals; including proactive identification of negative issues and positive opportunities
- Assisting with the production and review of major project messaging, fact sheets, Q&A briefing notes, media releases, social and website content, video and images
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualifications at Degree level in Business, Public Relations or Communications or relevant discipline - or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to liaise, consult, negotiate and network with media to represent and promote TransGrid
- Media management experience including high level social media (curation and moderation) and managing reputational issues
- Demonstrated ability to successfully meet competing deadlines, influence outcomes to accomplish organisational objectives
- Demonstrated sound analytical skills to assess the impact of issues and provide relevant input in analysis of business needs
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Salary sacrifice and novated leasing options
- Access to sports and social clubs
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
This is a two year fixed term position.
Applications close on Thursday, 29 October 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received and interviewing may commence earlier than closing date.
- We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.