We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new role
The Senior Analyst, Financial Control & Reporting is responsible for month end accounting processes, financial controls and preparation of management reports including driver-based analysis at a department level, executive and board level to support the decision making of the Fund.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage month end close of the financial positions and reporting
- Work with the business and Finance Partners to produce monthly accruals (and other required accounting entries) for assigned departments
- Produce regulatory reporting requirements (including ABS and APRA)
- Run system-based activity-based costing calculations on a monthly basis making changes to the model as necessary
- Fund Accounting including assist with calculations and reporting (Crediting rates, Member Direct, Financial Statements)
- Cash flow management and bank account reconciliations
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and Fund reserve accounts, and member transactions to Fund investment positions
- Reconciling and maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
- Assist with preparation of various tax reconciliations and returns including, Payroll tax returns, GST / BAS returns and FBT calculation and return
- 6+ years of experience in finance and accounting
- Fund accounting and corporate accounting experience
- Background within superannuation or financial service
- Qualification in Accounting and completion of CA/CPA
- High level of familiarity and self-reliance with accounting packages
- Familiarity with reasonably complicated organisation structures encompassing multiple offices, investments, departments, and projects and how this can be configured in an accounting system
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to understand business objectives and drivers, and how these translate into financial measures
- Highly developed financial and numerical capabilities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
What you will get in return
You will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.