|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity to lead our professional team of technical specialists
- Competitive salary and great company benefits
- Permanent role based in Eastern Creek
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Digital Infrastructure Asset Manager to manage, coach, mentor, and lead a team of technical specialists.
As the Digital Infrastructure Asset Manager you will be accountable for developing and managing the implementation of strategies, policies, and plans for TransGrid’s high voltage digital infrastructure assets to achieve best practice performance.
The scope of digital infrastructure assets includes, but is not limited to, control, protection and communications infrastructure. The role requires the provision of specialist technical advice and reporting, and engagement with internal and external stakeholders to manage digital infrastructure assets in an agile and effective manner to meet ISO55001 requirements.
In addition, this role develops and applies asset management policies and practices to deliver international best practice in the management of TransGrid’s digital infrastructure assets.
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management, you will have demonstrated business acumen, insight, and agility to respond to competitive pressures and developments in both market and industry.
As a Digital Infrastructure Asset Manager you will:
- Direct the development, communication, and monitoring of the effectiveness of asset management strategies for digital infrastructure assets
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of asset management, and renewal and maintenance strategies to optimise business success in the regulated national energy market and maintain asset performance
- Deliver digital infrastructure related network performance service standards and environmental compliance to meet all customer and shareholder expectations
- Adopt and maintain best practice in digital infrastructure asset management techniques and environmental protection
- In conjunction with Network Asset Management leadership, develop and direct the implementation of an effective digital infrastructure investment plan
- Foster and evaluate new engineering developments, technologies, systems, and products
- Generate and maintain engineering standards and specifications to optimise the network
- Effective management of assessments of engineering feasibility
- Effectively communicate advice to network managers regarding the implementation of network management policies and plans
- Ensure compliance with National Electricity Market requirements
- Assist with fostering a continuous improvement culture in the team to develop and maintain currency and flexibility of staffing capabilities and skills set in order to meet deliverables
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Extensive experience in the total asset lifecycle and application to meet ISO 55001 requirements
- Excellent knowledge of electrical networks engineering and operations
- Extensive experience in the development of digital infrastructure and in engineering management
- Extensive knowledge of national and international technical standards related to digital infrastructure engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and policy frameworks and requirements for transmission line and high voltage cable projects in NSW
- Knowledge of the energy industry and industry reform objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability in managing and negotiating outcomes that achieve business and team goals
- Proven ability to develop staff through providing guidance, mentoring, and coaching
- Proven experience in qualitative and quantitative risk management
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and experience working with a Quality Assurance System
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here
Applications close on Thursday, 12 November 2020
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.