South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminum, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realize the potential of their resources.
About the role
Reporting to the Vice President HR Services, this newly created role is responsible for ensuring value realization of the HR service delivery model through optimal design and use of HR processes and technology systems. This role will govern HR systems, processes, service delivery model framework and drive continuous improvement.
Add value to the organisation by:
- Designing and implementing the HR systems and process improvement roadmap that enables effective delivery of HR services.
- Designing and executing the governance activities relating to HR systems, processes and master data.
- Contributing to the design of key metrics and performance reporting processes to help measure the effectiveness of the HR function.
- Partnering with the ERP team to manage our HR systems.
- Providing advice to the HR function on annual systems activities, including performance and goal management and compensation management processes.
- Govern system change requirements and liaise with ERP team for implementation of practices such as testing and quality assessment before going live with the system changes.
- Maintain operating discipline through system health checks and reviewing performance indicators.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 4-7 years relevant professional experience in a similar role with knowledge of operational HR.
- Tertiary qualification in HR or business management is preferred.
- Understanding and exposure to HR practices, processes, disciplines and systems.
- Experience using SuccessFActors, EC and SAP HCM would be desirable.
- Well versed with process design tools and an understanding of data analytics and statistics methods.
- Experience in governance, control design and risk and assurance practices.
- Strong ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds