|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
About the role:
Downer Defence Systems is looking for a Senior Wintel Technician with Defence experience to provide technical leadership in support of the build, development and deployment of integrated ICT systems.
- Provide technical leadership in support of the Build, Development and deployment of integrated ICT systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise across a number of technologies.
- Complete and review all associated documentation (build guides, knowledge articles, SOPs etc).
- Identify innovative service improvements that provide value to the system.
- Provide training and support to customer and project personnel.
- Provide level 3 support.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Highly developed knowledge of server hardware installation, configuration and support.
- Highly developed knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (skills in Redhat Enterprise Linux advantageous).
- Experience of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (on premise) including:
- VMWare installation, configuration and support.
- Nutanix installation, configuration and support.
- Experience in Automation / scripting highly desirable.
- Exposure to configuration and support of any of the following advantageous:
- Server / client applications;
- Microsoft Exchange;
- Microsoft SQL;
- Sound understanding of ITIL best practice and ISO Quality Standards.
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at email@example.com for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)