|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Join a dynamic team, showcasing your strive for operational improvement to manage finance shared service processes
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with focus on innovation, adaptability and collaboration to support the training of fighter pilots for the next generation of aircraft
Apply your talent where it counts as an Assistant Supervisor- Finance Shared Service, in our team based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Transaction Support Lead, you will be responsible to provide support and back-up in the management of daily tasks within the finance shared service team.
More specifically, you will become involved in:
- Responsible to reconcile accounts including investigating, validating and rectifying outstanding balance
- Manage good received not invoiced (GRNI) including reconciliation, write-offs, journals preparations and balance validation
- Review invoice on hold to achieve agreed key performance indicators (KPI )
- First point of contact for team queries and escalate to team lead, when required
- Prepare team rosters and assist in training and development of the team
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Identify process improvements and assist with planning and implementation
- Manage team in absence of Team Lead
- Compile and review monthly account receivable customer credit limit report
- Coordinate accounts payable, accounts receivable and business expenses month end activities
- Take part in company credit card supplier tender process and implementation and assist in management of shared services helpdesks
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience working in a finance team within a medium to large company
- Experience with Oracle EBS system including webcentre (or equivalent) along with a strong understanding of system accounting, governance and controls
- Well-developed self-management skills with an ability to work under own initiative to prioritise and meet deadlines for self and team
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) required to engage with stakeholders to deliver business requirements
- Strong Ms Office skills including word and excel
Whilst not essential, experience in staff supervision and degree qualification in the relevant field is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.