|Job Type:||Full Time|
Category Assistant - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
A critical role in the Grocery team, a Category Assistant role exists for a highly-motivated and organised person to come in and thrive.
Woolworths is proud to be Aussie, through and through. It's why 96% of our fresh fruit & veg comes from our very own backyard and it's also the reason why 100% of our fresh meat comes from Australian farms and nowhere else. Welcome to Australia's Fresh Food People!
We are much more than a supermarket though, we are part of Australia's biggest retail group, Woolworths Limited, and have the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands.
Woolworths people are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
As a Category Assistant, you will be the first point of contact in the team for all vendor and supplier enquiries, you will manage customer complaints and you will be the 'go-to' person for any enquiries relating to your category within your team.
This role would suit someone who is highly organised, has exceptional attention to detail and someone who is seeking an opportunity to start or develop their career within Buying.
- Customer complaints are actioned on time (weekly outstanding customer complaints report)
- SAP processes and workflows for new lines and amendments are completed daily
- Administration from reviews is completed accurately according to set timeframes
- Support the team with administration including, but not limited to, archiving/data entry
- Ensure quality and clarity of communication with stores, vendors and employees
- QC/QA guidelines followed in line with policy (category specific)
- Adherence to Policies, Procedures, Timelines & Administrative requirements
- Ensure all food safety issues are escalated in a timely manner
- Identify customers trends and shares insights/findings with wider team
- Influence internal business partners (Commercial Marketing, Supply Chain and BSS) to deliver outcomes
- Identifying and keying promotions on weekly basis
We’re looking for our next superstar with the following experience:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of retail trends and market activity
- SAP knowledge
- Excellent Organisation skills
- Experience in Supermarkets highly regarded
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect with Brooke Karaberidis on Linkedin #LI for further information. #Work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.