|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is a global infrastructure, environmental and social development company delivering solutions to our clients. Cardno operates across a wide range of sectors; buildings, utilities, water, environment and transport.
We are a multidiscipline team of engineers, scientists, planners and architects and cover a broad range of projects from Buildings, Transport, Urban Design, Transport Studies, Geotechnical, Surveying, Coastal, and much more.
The NSW/ACT/NZ business region has over 11 offices with over 450 professional employees. We are seeking a Senior HSEQ Advisor to oversee this operating centre and partner with the business in implementing best practice HSEQ in line with the APAC strategy. The position will report into the APAC HSEQ Manager based in Brisbane.
With Cardno's "Work your way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way to work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Partnering with Business Leaders to ensure local systems, risk management, reporting and processes are aligned with the APAC HSEQ Strategy and that a culture of continuous improvement is fostered.
- Working closely with the APAC HSEQ Manager and HSEQ team to provide ongoing process and system improvements to ensure quality health and safety outcomes.
- Ensuring HSEQ requirements are monitored and maintained in accordance with AS4801 and OHSAS18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Performing activities such as investigations, project audits, reviews of critical and key risks and coaching and mentoring operational staff to minimise safety and wellbeing risks.
- Providing effective case management for injured employees, including liaising with stakeholders, identification and evaluation of suitable employment duties, development and preparation return to work plans and monitoring the progress of return to work activities.
- Preparing and coordinating monthly HSEQ reporting and facilitating HSEQ Committee Meetings.
You will be proactive, enthusiastic, with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to continual improvement.
Additionally, to be successful in this role you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety and/or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience within a corporate HSEQ function for a large organisation (engineering/professional services industry experience desirable)
- Previous experience in maintaining management systems (ISO140001, AS/NZS4801 and OHSAS18001)
- Formal audit qualifications
- ICAM qualifications or equivalent.
- Previous experience managing RTW activities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact, influence and effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to work to multiple demanding timelines coupled with well-developed written communication skills
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise.
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to make a difference, we welcome your interest in our team! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.