|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Calibre is a leading engineering and design consultancy, operating across multiple market sectors in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. We strive to deliver positive economic and social outcomes for our clients and the communities in which we work and live. While engineering is our core skill, we work with central and local government, and private clients to consider assets from a whole-of-life perspective.
At Calibre, people are at the heart of everything we do. Creating an exceptional experience for our clients, partners, employees and communities is central to our approach. We are committed to building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients and partners, enabling our employees to thrive and succeed, and giving back to our communities
About the Opportunity
Operating as true partners with our clients is essential to create enduring value for all stakeholders and ensure the successful delivery of a project.
Due to a growing pipeline of exciting projects, we are seeking a talented Senior Structural Engineer to join our fun, dynamic and energetic team based in our Tauranga office.
This is a key role in which you have the ability to contribute to and lead local, national and South Pacific structural engineering projects. Some of our current and up and coming projects are:
- Retirement Village, Auckland $200M
- Apartments and Townhouse Development, Mount Maunganui $40M
- Public Sector Build, Rotorua $18.5M
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of engineers and provide technical guidance to our graduate and junior staff.
- Planning and managing scale projects. This will include coordinating the preparation of: tender submissions, client reports and monitoring project progress, project scheduling and resourcing, and meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Provide technical guidance on a project by project basis, and to junior staff
- Assisting in the establishment of discipline-related policies and procedures as directed by overall organisational controls.
- Assisting in managing the work financially, technically and contractually.
- Developing and grow relationships with new and existing clients
- Maintaining an industry awareness.
- Drive optimisation of commercial outcomes throughout projects.
- Report directly to the Northern Structures Leader and assist in the successful achievement of the structural team’s targets
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 8+ Years industry experience
- Relevant experience coupled with a market relevant qualification in engineering
- At least 5 years experience in the New Zealand market, providing an understanding of design codes, standards and legislation
- Have a good technical background with experience in steel/concrete/timber structures.
- CPEng and Auckland Council registered (or working toward)
- Seismic experience is essential
- Qualified in Structural Engineering
- Positive attitude and keenness to extend your engineering skills
- Ability to step up and take responsibility for delivering excellent quality work on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Project Management experience (desired)
What We Offer
We develop and mentor our people throughout their careers and give you the opportunity to work on a wide variety of multi-disciplinary projects.
You'll receive support from Leaders, company funded training and personal development, and experience our work/life balance and benefits including; working from home opportunities, an extensive range of health and well being benefits, employee referral incentives, ongoing professional development and competitive remuneration packages.
If you are ready to join a dynamic, collaborative team and work with leading clients, apply now!