|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a highly motivated and performance driven team
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Based at Sydney – Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
The role of a Senior Accountant includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain documentation setting out controls and accounting processes for Capital WIP and identify potential improvements and implement changes as required
- Provide guidance to the business to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures as well as consistency in treatment
- Actively monitor the status of capital projects including the creation of capital projects, progress of completed projects and follow up outstanding Capital WIP matters
- Ensure timely capitalisation of completed projects for purposes of the Fixed Assets registers, including the timely clearing aged Capital WIP
- Undertake regular and timely reconciliations of Capital WIP balances
- Identify and analyse historical issues between Capital WIP and project accounting
- Assist with the timely transfer of work in progress balances for completed capital projects and instant assets
- Maintain appropriate reconciliations between the various Fixed Asset categories and books
- Assist with the development and delivery of Fixed Asset training
- Ensure regular and timely capitalisation of instant assets
- Ensure the timely recording of Fixed Asset disposals
- Undertake month end management tasks including the timely posting of journals and depreciation
- Assist with the delivery of the Fixed Assets budgeting and forecasting
- Produce regular, timely and insightful reports for monitoring and tracking of capital project status and WIP balances
- Assist with the delivery of the fixed assets inputs
- Undertake regular and timely balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete and submit ABS surveys
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Finance or a related discipline
- Membership of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants or Institute of Chartered Accountants or equivalent
- Knowledge of the accounting standards and accounting policies and procedures in relation to fixed assets accounting and ability to interpret this into business requirement
- Understanding of business processes including capital works that underpin fixed assets accounting
- Understanding of project accounting
- Understanding of the regulatory and financial accounting framework and business environment
- Demonstrated financial accounting experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to draw and interpret relevant consistent data from multiple sources and presenting information in clear concise reports
- Knowledge on the use of corporate financial systems and software applications
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Customer focus with strong relationship building skills
- Time management skills to address any conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
Applications close on Thursday, 29 October 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
- Please note that we do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.