The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
Our Indirect Tax team is growing and expanding quickly and we are looking for highly motivated and dynamic Managers and Senior Managers who are specialists in GST to join our Indirect Tax team.
Globally, nationally, and locally, EY is a leading provider of tax services. Our credentials are unmatched and remain the reason our firm is considered the “firm of choice” for tax. We are also the only Big Four firm with a separate business unit focused solely on the financial services industry (known as “FSO”). Given this, our Indirect Tax teams comprise a specialist FSO team, servicing our clients in the financial services industry, and a core Indirect Tax team, both of which are experiencing rapid growth and are seeking exceptional talent to join us.
- Manage a client base and provide technical advice on how to manage their indirect tax risk and compliance obligations
- Understand, develop and demonstrate the latest technology and how this can be used to solve indirect tax problems.
- Work with sophisticated technology and data analytics tools to help clients automate compliance processes including data interrogation to identify indirect tax risks and opportunities
- Have a detailed understanding of the ATO’s Justified Trust approach and ATO expectations under this program. Be highly competent in the understanding and management of both ATO GST SAR’s and CAR’s
- Significant opportunities to lead projects aimed at improving taxpayers indirect tax profile.
- Address a wide range of issues and problems to assist our clients meet their indirect tax obligations around the globe
- Help leading financial services organisations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle
- Seek out new business using existing networks as well as identifying new opportunities to reduce the indirect tax impost for your existing clients
- Substantial indirect tax experience within a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm, law firm or Top Tier business consultancy environment is preferable
- Strong technical tax skills in the field of indirect tax, principally GST
- Strong client and team management skills
- Ability to clearly demonstrate leadership skills in regards to market facing initiatives, client delivery and staff development.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent time management; being able to work with a number of different clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to remain focused and productive in a fast paced environment
- Experience in tax digital technologies and data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau RPA, and specialist GST Software