|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Transport Services, Wainui team look after one of the biggest network of unsealed roads in New Zealand approx. 600Km in length within the Auckland North Rural Region. We need a junior to intermediate level Roller Operator to support our booming work schedule and support the delivery of high quality infrastructure on rural roads.
What does a Roller Operator do?
You will primarily be operating our Roller Machine for unseal road grading. You will grade unsealed roads to reshape and re-compact the road, to reduce lumps and bumps and ensure that the road will shed water away from the centre after rain. You will also:
- Ensure plant and equipment assigned to you is presented, serviced, maintained and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulation and policy and achieves agreed productivity and quality targets
- Take on training and learning opportunities when presented
- Work within a team of three to
This job is a great opportunity for someone looking to enter into the Roading industry or to revamp your career with a reliable industry leader! You will have a Class 1 licence along with your Wheels Tracks and Rollers qualification. You will hold a positive outlook, a friendly attitude, and will be willing to learn and grow your skillset with Downer. We’d also value:
- Experience operating Rollers
- Experience working on unsealed roads is an advantage but we can offer training for the right person
- The ability and willingness to work safely and be responsible for the safe operation of sites
- An STMS certificate is an advantage but not required
- Great communication skills both written and verbal and able to work well in a team
What’s in it for you?
A role with Downer New Zealand that can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Full-Time hours guaranteed – a minimum of 40 hours per week with paid overtime
- Training and development opportunities
- PPE gear and tools of trade provided
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits across retail, health and so much more!
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, register your interest by applying online at www.downercareers.co.nz quoting reference number 573982. Or drop your CV in to your local depot today!
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.