|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Walkley Heights
- ASX Listed Organisation
- Long term government contracts
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management and strives to deliver better community experiences through smarter solutions. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road.
Reporting to the Operations Manager we are seeking a Traffic Management Coordinator with a comprehensive level of experience in development and implementation of traffic management plans for civil works. In addition, you will have a strong understand of the planning and delivery phases of civil works.
You will be responsible for coordinating the day to day access requirements for our team and stakeholders to safely access and use the road network across Adelaide and the North of the State. In addition, you will work with the team to provide traffic management for SA major events which impact the state government road network.
This position will liaise with the delivery team, Traffic Management Centre and delivery partners in the successful planning and execution of traffic management for maintenance and construction activities and major events. Ideally, you will have;
- Demonstrated experience in office administration gained at a similar level preferably in construction or the traffic industry
- Strong understand of the Traffic Management Code of Practice and SA specific requirements
- Accurate processing of a high volume of documentation (ie rostering/scheduling)
- Working knowledge of the traffic industry
- The ability to read and interpret appropriate permits with an understanding of the procedures surrounding permit application
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to evaluate information quickly, identifying issues and formulate conclusions based on good judgement, experience and common sense
- An effective ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- Positive attitude and a customer focused approach to the delivery of services
- Intermediate skills in Word and Excel and MS Project
- Strong safety focus - actively participate in and support Downer Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm for our people and the community
- Opportunity to contribute to the safety of road users through maintaining a safe road network.
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.email@example.com
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.