|Location:||Canning Vale, Perth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana and Gruyere.
The Downer Mining Storeperson Traineeship will take 24months to complete and ensures Trainees receive superior training, mentoring and ongoing support to maximise their potential to drive the business to achieve targeted objectives. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
During this 24 month contract you will complete a nationally recognised qualification - Certificate III in Warehousing Operations. All studies will be via distance education with the expectation that all required units would be completed over this 24 month period. A component of your traineeship will also require you to travel to site for 3 consecutive days every 6-8 weeks to gain exposure and onsite work experience across various sites within Western Australia. Your normal hours in Perth would be Monday to Friday, 7-3pm.
What We Look For:
You will consider yourself self-motivated, conscientious and committed to developing a career for yourself within the Warehousing and Mining industry. A mature attitude is essential, with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Completion of Year 12
- A commitment to personal Learning and Development
- Highly motivated to succeed and a desire to be challenged
- Good communication skills
- Safety focused
- Manual C Class Driver’s Licence - Essential
- Strong Microsoft Office experience - Word, Excel
- Organised, methodical with good attention to detail
- Willingness to obtain a NPC if and when required
What Downer Mining Offers:
- Competitive rates and working conditions
- Extensive personal and career support with practical opportunities
- Significant life, business and technical skills training
- Supportive working environment with a focus on safety, training and development
- Sponsored TAFE training - Certificate III in Warehouse Operations
- Toolkit, Safety Equipment and Personal Protective Clothing (PPE)
- Team Culture focused on your success
How to Apply
This is a golden opportunity to gain an entry level career into Warehousing and the Mining industry whilst obtaining a Certificate III in Warehouse qualification. If you are passionate and motivated to succeed, please apply directly to this application.
You must be able to demonstrate you have the Right to Work in Australia.
All applications are held in strict confidence.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.