|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Exciting 12mth maximum term contract opportunity!
About the Role
As an Innovation Analyst you will be an integral part of BoQ’s Innovation team which is responsible for identifying and validating opportunities and problems, articulating the expected business and customer outcomes through the use of design thinking and lean start-up practices.
This involves working with a broad group of cross-functional stakeholders, both internal and external and Digital and Innovation team members to research, test, and help generate new ideas and/or partnership opportunities to address innovation challenges. Some of the core activities include the coordination and execution of the prototyping, POCs, market testing, stakeholder and customer validation of prioritised ideas, synthesising multiple sources of data to make strategic recommendations and actively collaborating in the development of lean business model proposals.
- Support innovation initiatives to define, validate and launch new solutions
- Collaborate with teams of business designers, user researchers, designers, strategists, architects and program managers (internal and external)
- Conduct and/or analyse customer research
- Apply strategic frameworks and methods – design thinking and lean start-up
- Perform market and competitive analysis
- Perform financial analysis and modelling
- Identify, describe, develop, and deliver emerging technology solutions to drive business value
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, the start-up ecosystem, and university partnerships, taking a multi-party collaborative approach to balance external and internal thinking to cultivate and apply innovation to our most strategic business processes
- Monitor the progress of applied solutions through the digital innovation process and ensure collaboration with the business to drive the proposed benefits
- Research and benchmark the viability, desirability, and feasibility of new technology through research, applicability, and prototyping
- Effectively communicate research findings, ideas, and concepts, both verbally and visually, for internal leaders for immediate application
- Lead or support projects to implement new technologies or technical solutions across the organization
Ideally you will have proven experience in applying innovation, CX, product development/or entrepreneurship where you are comfortable with Design Thinking principles and Customer Centric Design practices. You thrive at working in an Agile environment and working within Lean Start-Up methodologies. With experience in conducting customer or prospective customer interviews, contextual inquiry and/or user testing you have familiarity with market research, data analysis and business model analysis and are comfortable in facilitating idea generation, prioritisation, and decision-making activities as you have strong communications skills and enjoy stakeholder engagement at all levels.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.