|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36,300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Throughout Australia, Alstom's objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
This is an essential role within our Project team reporting to and assisting the Project Contracts Manager. This role works with various department heads, key stakeholders and has an integral role in managing the head contract with the PTA.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- Assisting with the completion of contract management KPI’s and objectives;
- Drafting head contract correspondence, formal notices and claims;
- Maintaining document and claims registers, monitors deadlines and ensures compliance with processes and procedures;
- Assisting with the preparation and negotiation of subcontracts and procurement;
- Compiling weekly and monthly reports for internal and external customers on; contract management, claims activities and KPI’s to the Project; and
- Monitoring and managing insurance policies in collaboration with Regional Insurance Manager.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Qualified Business or Law background, or relative demonstrable contracts experience.
- Ability to read and interpret contractual documents.
- Ability to draft formal correspondence, notices and reports.
- High level of organisational skills and attention to detail is crucial.
- A positive, self-motivated and team player attitude and attributes.
We have a lot on offer for our employees and this is a very exciting time to be joining our Project. This is a unique opportunity in Perth that is not to be missed.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.