|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work in the Group Data Science and Analytics team which supports all brands in the Woolworths Group to develop, implement and optimise analytical and predictive models to deliver a product range and offering that is highly tailored to Australian communities, drives competitive advantage and market leading performance. You will create and manage the pipeline of work to ensure delivery within timeframes & ensure effective adoption of data science models and outputs. You will champion data science across numerous stakeholders to demonstrate the benefits of data science in driving improved business outcomes.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with key stakeholders to understand business questions and execute data science projects that deliver business solutions
- Working on complex and extremely varied data sets from some of Australia’s largest organisations to solve business problems that make a tangible difference
- Developing data science products and solutions for our stakeholders as well as for our data science team
- End-to-end data science execution including scoping, building, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking and optimisation of predictive models
- Writing highly optimized code to advance our internal Data Science Toolbox
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment with specialists in machine learning, engineering, and data engineering
- Adding real-world impact to your academic expertise, as you will need to write papers and present at meetings to non-technical stakeholders who need to understand what you are presenting
As our successful candidate, you will have relevant tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Applied Statistics, or Mathematics, or you will have proven experience in a similar role where you have applied advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world and data science methods to business problems. You have exceptional communication skills with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders and strong presentation skills to explain complex analytical concepts. Advanced working knowledge of analytical programming using Python and SQL along with exposure to Azure and/or GCP is essential.
Above all, we are seeking innovators and thought leaders who will help us bring a little good to everyone, every day. #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.