|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Newly created role – Technical Business Analyst
- Ready to join a business that's passionate about doing things differently?
- Opportunity to join BOQ’s leading core banking platform team
As our Technical Business Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing, developing, and engineering reports for various purposes. You will work closely across operations and our downstream service teams to deliver reports based which we drive both internal and client initiatives. You will be required to quickly understand both the internal and external environments and challenge the accepted practices and solutions. You will collaborate with your colleagues and the wider business to ensure value added alternatives and provide solutions.
Specifically you will:
- Day to day Maintenance of ETL, existing reports in Temenos Analytics.
- Gather requirements, Design, develop new reports in Temenos Analytics and make sure all the down streams reports are generated in stipulated SLA
- Logging of issues with vendor and deploying the packs from vendor and publishing the release notes
- Design develop and automate the process of report generation using SQL scripting / Powershell scripting and maintaining the code in the repository
- Design develop alerts in case of any critical failures in the data warehouse. Scheduling of SQL Server agent jobs and alerts
- Follow the change control process to deploy the changes and attend change control meetings
- Indexing of SQL database and to provide appropriate suggestions in regards to performance running of the system.
- Thrive in an enterprise culture where thinking outside of the box is required and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- Work closely within your team focusing on large-scale, multi-release information centric projects.
As a natural problem solver you will relish the opportunity to support the business with your specialist knowledge and extensive experience in banking systems. You will be both client and solutions focused with the ability to multi-task and liaise with various stakeholders.
Naturally you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in Data warehousing using ETL tools such as DataStage and Temenos Analytics
- Previous experience across systems integration, information management, data management and architecture, and business analytics within a banking platform
- Proven skills in SSRS, SQL Scripting and Stored procedures, Power Shell scripting, SQL Server management
- Extensive experience in ETL job development with multiple stages including sequential file, Transformer, Lookup, join, sort and Database stages
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of various data remediation, Data migration, data integration techniques
- Strong data modelling experience.
- Previous experience in database performance tuning including complex query optimizations and physical database tuning using SQL
- Experience with waterfall and agile delivery and run / application support functions.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please follow the links.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.