|Job Type:||Full Time|
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
Are you an experienced Engineer with a passion for customer experience?
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Optus Business team. As Senior Engineer, you’ll be working on design, implementation, support and resolution to complex problems relating to network, IP, telephony, security, system, storage and wireless solutions.
Your work will also see you provide comprehensive design, solution build/ implementation, scoping and technical support to our sales team as well as assisting and complementing the mid to junior level engineers in a mentoring as well as technical capacity.
Your role also encompasses consultancy and policy components relating to our network technologies and IP telephony solutions.
- Work with implementation teams and the customer, providing systems/network design and implementation support to ensure smooth and effective migration to new technology/versions.
- Provide technical support to clients through dealing with complex service queries and problems with clients’ systems related to above technologies, as applicable.
- Assist with the review of the technical solutions and effort estimates needed for RFPs/Proposals.
- Design/implement testing methodologies and manage the outcome of the testing.
- A minimum of 8 years experience related technical experience ideally in design, installation and support of medium and large networking, security, telephony, or similar.
- Experience in technical pre-sales and customer implementation as lead engineer.
- Skilled in collaboration, verbal communication and written communication skills, with the ability to work with stakeholder of varying levels.
- Strong discovery skills and ability to identify customer’s business requirements and map a solution that will deliver benefit.
- Problem solving mindset with the ability to work on time sensitive projects.
Nice to have:
- SD-WAN Skills in Meraki or Fortinet.
- Expertise in Cisco ISE solutions.
- Cloud Solution Experience.
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and child care services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.